"The Fundamentals of Geography" aims to comprehensively address the syllabus of World Physical, Human and Economic Geography from the UPSC Civil Services Examinations perspective. The book has been updated as per the latest examination pattern and is also suitable for all other competitive examinations.
The book addresses all the major dimensions of the syllabus like:
- Geomorphology: Origin of the Universe, The interior and structure of the earth, Tectonic Activities and Landform Development.
- Climatology and Climate Classification: All geophysical phenomena, their reasons, occurrences and impact.
- Biogeography: The origin of the Soils and Biomes
- Oceanography: Focusing on Oceanic properties(landforms, temperature, salinity) and movements(waves, tides and currents).
- Economic and Human geography: Covered through Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Activities and all major Resources.
Important Features of Book:
- Easy and Lucid Language for better understanding.
- Extensive use of Maps for better clarity.
- Hand-drawn diagrams.
- Previous Year Questions at the end of every chapter.
- Real life examples in 'Case Studies' Section
- 'Do You Know' section for making your learning exciting.