Indian Economy: Key Concepts 7e, is a remarkable text aimed at explaining the basic, yet most relevant, concepts of the Indian Economy in a concise, lucid and comprehensive way. It is completely revamped with extensive use of tables, charts and figures for better understanding. Replete with examples to complement almost all concepts, the book is focused on clarifying core concepts that are necessary to understand any application of theories whatsoever. The practical application of each concept is discussed to be able to integrate them with real situations in the Indian context.
1. New edition marks the 10th anniversary of this book
2. Updated Chapter on Poverty and Unemployment with addition of topics - Periodic Labour Force Survey and Payroll Reporting in India: An Employment Perspective
3. Updated Chapter on Indian Financial System - Money Market with addition of topics - Special Market Operations covering Operation Twist and Long-Term Repo Operations
4. Updates on Priority Sector Lending, Non-Performing Assets and Basel Norms based on RBI’s latest Master Directions/Circulars
5. Updates on FDI based on RBI’s Master Circular
6. Addition of concepts like Foreign Investment, Downstream Investment and Indirect Foreign Investment